Data Harmonisation Panel
International Platform for the Data Harmonisation Community
Data harmonisation goes far beyond defining common exchange formats and delivery service interfaces. It aims to ensure that the data content is truly interoperable – creating the possibility to combine data from heterogeneous sources into consistent and unambiguous information products. The availability of spatial data is – despite ongoing efforts – still highly scattered and heterogeneous. Data is present in different formats and systems across different countries or application domains. This remains a core challenge in providing usable spatial data infrastructures to local, national and international stakeholder communities, ranging from nature conservation to infrastructure planning.
The data harmonisation panel has been established with the goal of supporting the international community of experts and organisations that have to deal with spatial data harmonisation by disseminating, exploiting and advancing harmonisation methods and technologies such as the HUMBOLDT Tools and Services. Join us in these activities:
- Advancement of the cooperation among the stakeholders of geo-data harmonisation, including standardisation efforts
- Research of current developments and trends in the data harmonisation field, including market analysis
- Continued maintenance, development, and exploitation of state-of-the-art tools and services of HUMBOLDT.
- Support of the development of the European Spatial Data Infrastructure as planned by INSPIRE.
- Transfer of expertise into different application domains such as Security, Environment and Disaster Management.
Workflow: 3 Steps to using SQL Databases in HALE
2013-11-29: The headline feature of the HALE 2.8.0 release is the support for reading schemas and data from SQL Databases. Out of the …
AGILE 2013 workshop on Data Harmonisation
Members of the data harmonisation panel and the wider community will host the «Data Complexity Challenge – New Approaches to Data Harmonisation» preconference workshop at AGILE 2013, 14th of May, Leuven, Belgium.
» more (blog post)
» more (AGILE WS paper)
2012-04-20: The HUMBOLDT Alignment Editor Usage Evaluation and Comparison Questionnaire is online now. If you are a HALE user, please consider participating.
» to the questionnaire